Resource Synergy is a sustainability consultancy committed to helping Northwest businesses reduce costs and improve their environmental impact. Founded in 2015, the company helps businesses, non-profits and government agencies overcome adoption barriers, ensuring the success of energy/water efficiency and waste prevention programs.
Washington State’s HB1257 and a myriad of local ordinances require the benchmarking and reduction of energy consumption. Resource Synergy helps commercial buildings navigate this often-confusing process through:
- Establishing Energy Star Portfolio Manager profiles and benchmarking buildings.
- Comparing the building’s energy use intensity (EUI) to the targets set by legislation.
- Applying for compliance, if applicable.
- Identifying the most economical pathway to compliance if the building does not meet the EUI targets.
- Applying for conditional compliance, allowing time to invest in efficiency without fear of penalties.
C-PACER Project Development
Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy and Resilience (C-PACER) financing is a powerful new tool for building owners and property managers. As a long-term, low-interest loan, it allows deeper investment in energy efficiency, renewable energy, water efficiency, and resilience (seismic, fire, & flood) projects. Often, programs can deliver an immediate positive impact to Net Operating Income without any cash-out-of-pocket. Resource Synergy simplifies this process by:
- Identifying applicable projects
- Quantifying costs
- Verifying savings
- Facilitating financing
- Filing the corresponding assessment with the local taxing jurisdiction
- Coordinating the implementation of projects and payment of contractors
Waste Reduction & Recycling
Since 2015, Resource Synergy has implemented over 120 waste reduction, recycling and composting programs, reducing our clients’ waste bill by an average of 40%! Whether the site is an office building, medical facility, retail center or entertainment venue, we’ve developed best-practices that ensure that waste diversion is maximized, and contamination is minimized. Programs are customized for each building and organization, but commonly include:
- Opportunity identification
- Distribution of collection bins, signs and other program materials
- Janitorial training
- Hauling service procurement and optimization
- Tenant/employee education
- Savings tracking
Our shared-savings and bundled billing models ensure that up-front costs are minimized (or eliminated) and savings are reaped throughout the program.